FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hunting...


deer hunting Pictures, Images and Photos


Last night, Josh, Nate (the business partner/"friend"), Stuart (the brother-in-law) and myself went deer hunting. Now... I have never been hunting in my life. All I know is Josh loves it, and last year he went and came home with a spike elk, some pheasants (Golden Eagles as I call them :)), and a HUGE bull elk.

Actual photo of the Bull Elk...


I dont like to eat elk (Josh tried to tell me it tastes like beef... It doesn't), and I "tried" some deer last year... And I thought it tasted like weeds. I am just going to stick with regular meats, like chicken, and beef. They taste much better, and I dont have to see it hanging in my garage "bleeding out" for the next week.
Anyways... As Josh picked me up from work to start this "wonderful" adventure, I was kind of excited! I get to spend the night with my husband (which is VERY RARE) doing something he loves, and maybe I will like. As I put on my cute Roxy Camo hat that my wonderful Aunt Brenda gave me last year, I told Josh I was going to be the cutest hunter out there. He justed laughed, and now that I think back, it was more of an evil laugh than an agreeing laugh. (Cause he knew what was ahead) We met Stu and Nate at the "secret spot". And as soon as I stepped out of the truck, it was FREEZING! I made sure it was known too, I told Josh it was freezing, and I think that was the last thing I said the rest of the time! To my surprise hunting consists more of tip-toeing around a mountain side, not talking, squinting your eyes to see a deer, and a whole lot of sitting and staring. As the night progressed, I decided to wander, and enjoy the scenery, despite it being so cold, it was pretty up on the mountain side. Soon the sun started to set, (I was praying it would go down faster, that way we could leave!), and then the deer started to show up a little. I only saw one buck the whole time I was on the mountain side, and no one shot it. Which is fine by me! All I can think about deer hunting is somewhere there is a little Bambi, who's Dad might get shot and killed, and not come back. (Josh hates that movie cause it makes hunting "look bad") The night got colder, the wind blew harder, and I started to walk back to the truck. Josh, Nate, and Stu, were still on the mountain side. The hill was pretty steep, so I did a little sideways step, walk zig-zag down the mountain, which added up to be like 3 miles more walking than what the boys did. I got to the trucks, and like 2 seconds later, the boys showed up. Of course I had to take the long way!

Last night, when we got home, I told Josh I was never going hunting again!

6 comments:

Kevin and Megan Rikli said...

I really can't believe you agreed to go in the first place!!! I missed my husband while he was gone, but I was MORE THAN HAPPY to just be left home! At least Josh doesn't go far away!!! Kevin tricked me into promising to go next year... but I'm pretty sure, actually POSITIVE that is one promise that I will be breaking! lol

Kylie and Drew said...

BOO HUNTING! That's all. :)

Jonesy said...

oh gosh. i went with lindsey once. its an adventure too boring to share.

I thought about that hat the other day and wondered if you had ever worn it. glad to know you have :)

TJ and Whitnee said...

I totally agree with you! I don't know how boys enjoy hunting. It's always cold, you can't talk the whole time, and its soo boring!!! I've a few times with my dad when I was young and stupid, but now I refuse to ever go with TJ, which he is probably grateful for!

Nat said...

I WILL NOT go hunting with Kelly EVER! I am not a girly girl, but it was horrible!

Kevin and Megan Rikli said...

Ha ha!!! Yeah our cake lady will do it for free. Our cake was still really good last night. Hey I forgot that paper that you sent me. It doesn't need to be filled out or anything does it?