FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, March 31, 2014

Month {One}

Cade,
At your one month appointment on March 24, 2014:
You weigh: 8 pounds 7 ounces
Height: 22 inches
Head: 14 inches
I cannot believe you have already been in our family for one whole month. Four weeks. (Technically 5 weeks, cause I didn't get around to this last week. Sorry buddy. You'll learn quickly that mommy isn't the best at getting things done on time!) Your daddy and I are always talking about what we did before you came to us. Our lives were so boring before you. We are so blessed!
This past month has not been easy. We are still getting to know each other, getting a routine, getting used to being parents. It has been an adjustment, but it has been an easy one. You are such a great baby. You think you need to be eating when you are awake. But sleep so great. You have slept for 4-5 hours straight during the night since you were about 2 weeks old. The long stretches of sleep at night are awesome!


You are starting to be more awake, and I love it! Seeing your big beautiful blue eyes looking at me makes my heart feel like it will explode. You are starting to enjoy tummy time, and can lift your head better and better each day. You can move your head side to side, and are starting to focus with your eyes better. You are the most awake in the morning, and are so happy and playful. I love this time with you! The evenings when daddy gets home we love to play in your nursery together. Daddy thinks it's fun to balance you in his hands while you are sitting. It sometimes scares me that you will fall. You trust your daddy though, and he would never let anything bad happen to you on purpose. We read books and sing songs during the day. And sometimes we like to take naps together before daddy gets home. You love to suck on your binky, but when you don't want it you hate it! We'll see what happens in the next few months, you have been sucking on your hands and fingers a lot lately. Maybe you wont need your binky anymore. You love to watch the dogs. I think you and Tucker will be the best of friends when you get bigger. For now, he forgets how big he is and gets in trouble a lot for not being so gentle with you. Sam and Max love you, and whenever you cry all three dogs make sure you are okay.



I honestly have loved spending all of my time with you. I wake up and just want to kiss and hold you. When you go to bed at night I miss holding and snuggling you even though you are literally ten feet from me in your bed. I am so overwhelmed by love for you, Cade! Being your mommy is the best thing that has happened to me, other than marrying your daddy. 
I can't wait to see your personality start to come out more and more. We are going to have so much fun together!
Your daddy and I love you so much. You are our pride and joy! We cannot believe you are ours.
 xx -- Mommy

 I love that you are cross-eyed in this picture. Cracks me up!
Yeah, you were a little over the pictures.

1 comment:

Burlene said...

You really are the best little family and I couldn't be more proud how well you have adapted to being parents!:^) The future is very exciting! :^)