FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, February 21, 2011

under pressure

i feel like i need to get this off my chest, it has been eating at me for a while now.
a lot of people have been asking josh and i about when we will have children.
*
i feel this is a VERY personal question. having children is something that should be between josh and myself and Heavenly Father. not between someone i just met, or someone who has known me a few years, or someone who just feels they should ask. it makes me feel so uncomfortable when people ask me questions about when we'll have children or about the birth control we are using. why is it anyone else's business?
*
our first year into marriage people began asking us when we wanted to start a family, and we have been under pressure ever since. josh and i have set goals that we want to accomplish before we have children.
i love my husband more than anything. i want to spend as much time as i can with him; just the two of us. i think people forget how young josh and i are. i was 19 and he was 21 when we got married. we want to enjoy time getting to know each other and creating memories.
**
when josh and i decide to have children it will be our choice! not a choice that is made because everyone around us is having children and its the popular thing to do.

11 comments:

Michael and Cassie said...

Good for you! It's so true...it's no one's business! Love you!!!

Jonesy said...

**Hugs and lots of Love**

Heidi said...

Amen sister!

Burlene said...

You go girl!! It isn't anyone else's business and does cause needless stress to someone that is following their own inspriation.

Heavenly Father will let you know what you need to do, trust yourself. At that time, you and Josh will be the best parents cuz you will choose when the time is right.

No hurry, you have PLENTY of time to be parents. that said, when I'm 50, I may change my tune. Ha ha:0)

Eva said...

Well said, Micah :) hang in there... Utah culture can be a little crazy, but you have a wonderful head on your shoulders :D

The Jarretts said...

Amen! I feel the same pressure. Just because we are in Utah and have been married for a few years doesn't mean we need to have kids right away. Micah, you may have children whenever you and Josh feel like it is the right time for you!

TJ and Whitnee said...

I think TJ and I got this as soon as we were married! And I have to say I'm so glad we wait three, (nearly four, by time she arrives) years to have kids. We've had a wonderful time spending time with just the two of us, and were able to accomplish the things we wanted to do first!

I couldn't imagine having a baby, or getting pregnant within or around a year of marriage! Those people don't know what they missed out on! :) haha

Lesa said...

I read this when you first posted ... just didn't have time to comment because of my kids. :P
I have to admit, although I love my boys SO much, I do wish we would've had some time just for ourselves being together, getting to know each other. Not as parents but just as people. I wish we would've been more financially prepared. I wish I would've finished school. I wish we would've gone on a couple of vacations!!
It sounds like I regret having kids... I don't at all... I just realize now that I might've missed out on a lot of things that I will never experience (or things that kids will just make a LOT harder-like finishing school).
Anyway, I think you're really smart for doing it exactly how you want to do it. I think it's crazy and ridiculous for anyone to pressure YOU into having kids.
You're amazing. Just don't let anyone get you down. :)

Terra said...

Good for you!! Way to stand up for yourselves. We need to get together sometime!

Lindsay said...

You go girl is right!! People are so noisey!! When the time is right it will all fall into place!! I agree with the whole spending time together as much as you can because once you add a little one into it your main focus is the child!! Kudos to both of you!!! Love you girly!! Glad to hear you are both doing well!!!

the ivie chronicles said...

Whatever!! You need to make babies when I say you should! :)