FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks for Giving Weekend...

This past Thanksgiving weekend, Josh and I had the chance to serve some of Josh's family members. At first I was so not looking forward to spending my Thanksgiving weekend helping people I hardley know, doing something I dont even like doing. I even told Josh I wasnt going to Thanksgiving Dinner with him. But, Thanksgiving morning, I woke up, got ready (well before the sun was even up!), and went with Josh to help.
When we got there, we noticed that this family needed alot more than windows put in. This family lives in the basement of a house that was built in the 1950's. The upstairs of this house isnt even livable, and the basement is pretty bad.
We worked all day untill about 3. We tore down old wall paper, tore out old windows, ripped up base boards, and door caseing. It was a long hard day, but we got alot done.
As we were sitting at Thanksgiving Dinner that night, Grandpa Goode stood up, and gave a little speech about how hard everyone was working, and how amazed he was with Josh's building skills.
As me and Josh were drving home that night, my heart got so full of love for Josh. He has such a big heart, and is so willing to help. I am so thankful I have such a sweet, loving husband that is so willing, and able to help people.
I am so thankful for Grandpa Goode, Kavin (Josh's dad), Roseann and Pete, GeorgeAnn and her sons, Craig and his sons, and Kami and Curtis and their sons for helping accomplish so much!
This Thanksgiving has helped me realize how much I have, and that I really should not complain about anything. I have a livable home, I have a loving family, I have so many things that make my life so great.

4 comments:

Kylie and Drew said...

Aren't we soo blessed! :) I'm thankful for Thanksgiving because it always opens my eyes. Good job, I'm proud of you! :)

Burlene said...

I love how giving you both are! You make me proud I can call you "my kids?" The work you did for our house is the MOST beautiful I have ever seen! thanks again!

Love you both!

Heidi said...

Aw, what a cool experience! Thanks for sharing. Funny how some things just hit you and you realize how blessed you are to have what you have.

Kylie and Drew said...

We actually went to St. George! Haha. My parents have a condo there and it was easier for Drew an I and my brother and sis that live in Vegas. So it was really fun! But I'll be in Vegas for Christmas! It will be a little weird.